Jan 14, 2014

13 weeks

13 weeks and we just keep chugging along!

this week my little lime has grown to be the size of a tangerine!

how fitting since i could eat my weight in citrus!

this week i've felt a few more pinches and pokes around my lower abdomen - especially when i stretch or cough really hard.  i'm sure all normal, but always alarming to feel the sudden sting.

i had my OB appointment last Wednesday where they did ANOTHER ultrasound.  I feel so lucky to have all of these ultrasounds because from talking to my friends they definitely didn't have this many. we got to see the little one in there moving and bouncing around which helped ease my fears once again.  i've been completely neurotic about everything.  i have had so few symptoms it's hard for me to remember i am indeed growing a human being.


but then i look in the mirror and feel ridiculous.  this top was loose and flowy this past fall. it was super spacious in the boobage area as well.  it is now snug around my belly and maybe a bit too tight in the bust.  the maternity tops i've tried on just don't look right since i'm in the inbetween stage.  but my current wardrobe is starting to shrink on me as well ;) i'm hoping in the next month or so i can "pop" and confidently wear work clothes.

how is baby doing? from babycenter

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.

right now i am currently counting down the weeks until we will be able to find out the gender.  (i believe in 6 weeks my OB said we can schedule).  i have also begun reading reviews on all major baby items needed (carseats, strollers, cribs) and am ready to purchase a few books to read to prepare for what's ahead.

i'm a procrastinator at heart, so i'm really trying to get a one up on myself to get a few things done over the next few months so it doesn't all come barreling down at the end.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment